As COVID-19 has wracked countries across the globe, supply chains have been stretched to breaking point. Following the first webinar in our series on ‘COVID Challenges’, experts in leading logistics and pharmaceutical companies discussed how they adapted to cope with the pandemic hurdles, and how these strategies benefit the industry as a whole.
In this webinar, our industry experts tackled the following points:
- Third-party logistics companies are facing several forces of change. With everything from volatile freight rates to rising input costs and sluggish trade volumes tempering the industry’s outlook, the pressures go even deeper to include more fundamental changes that are challenging their business models and leading them to think differently about how they operate.
- Learn how your peers are rising to the challenge and building resilience to supply chain disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Pharma operations leaders have increased their focus on network risk management, agile and transparent operations, and shaping the workforce of the future in the post-COVID-19 path to recovery.
- Traditionally, supply chains were designed primarily to meet two objectives: cost efficiency and optimal service levels. How has COVID-19 changed priorities as the need for reliable temperature-controlled supply chains becomes increasingly important?
- As the pharma landscape continues to evolve, from manufacturing through to last-mile delivery, how can you assess technologies to determine which are making a difference to your supply chain and delivering return on investment?